- Traditionally British 865cc parallel-twin powerplant
- Classic cruiser styling
- Wide range of official accessories available to create an individual look
- Standard two-year unlimited mileage warranty
The 865cc Triumph America offers the most accessible entry point into Triumph’scruiser range, delivering an authentic cruising experience but with a distinctiveTriumph twist to set it apart from the masses of ‘me too’ V-twin cruiser clones. The America’s styling is pure classic laid back cruiser, with the 16” front and 15” rear cast alloy wheels sporting high walled tyres to complement the deeply valenced front mudguard, pulled back handlebars and feet forward controls for a traditional low and laid back cruiser look.Low means a 690mm seat height and an easy to manage 250kg wet weight, fully fuelled and ready to ride. Triumph’s engineers have deliberately designed the America to appeal to a wide range of riders.
Neat touches such as the easily accessible sidestand and friendly ergonomics mean that it’s no wonder the America appeals to a wide variety of riders looking for a cool looking yet fun and easy to ride motorcycle. Metallic Phantom Black or two-tone Caribbean Blue with Crystal White paint schemes give the America a timeless appeal and understated style, while liberal lashings of high quality chrome further enhance the America’s appeal and help deliver a beautifully balanced design. And the twist? Triumph’s classic parallel-twin power plant provides a unique proposition in a sea of V-twins. This quintessentially British configuration sets the America apart from the competition and delivers a unique look and riding experience.
With a 270-degree firing order, the America delivers a healthy 61PS with a mellow soundtrack and connected feeling. And the air-cooled engine is totally modern too, with fuel injection for clean running and low maintenance. A full range of genuine Triumph accessories are available for the America and include items such as quick release screens and sissy bars, panniers, a low seat option and a number of leather and chrome items for riders who want to cosmetically tune their cruiser.
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
- Type Air-cooled, DOHC, parallel-twin, 270º firing interval
- Capacity 865cc
- Bore/Stroke 90 x 68mm
- Fuel System Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust Stainless steel twin-walled headers, twin chromed silencers
- Final Drive X ring chain
- Clutch Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox 5-speed
- Oil Capacity 4.5 litres (1.2 US gals)
CHASSIS, RUNNING GEAR AND DISPLAYS
- Frame Tubular steel cradle
- Swingarm Twin-sided, tubular steel
- Front Cast aluminium alloy 12-spoke 16 x 3.0in
- Rear Cast aluminium alloy 12-spoke 15 x 4.0in
- Front 130/90 R16
- Rear 170/80 B15
- Front Kayaba 41mm forks with polished stainless steel shrouds,
- 120mm travel
- Rear Kayaba chromed spring twin shocks with adjustable preload,
- 96mm rear wheel travel
- Front Single 310mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Single 285mm disc, Nissin 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display/Functions Analogue speedometer with odometer, trip information and clock
DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES
- Length 2420mm (95.2in)
- Width 821mm (32.3in)
- Height without mirrors 1141mm (44.9in)
- Seat Height 690mm (27.1in)
- Wheelbase 1617mm (63.6in)
- Rake/Trail 33.4º/143mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity 19.3 litres (5.1 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride) 250kg (550lbs)
PERFORMANCE (Measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power 61PS / 60bhp / 45kW @ 6800rpm
- Maximum Torque 72Nm / 53ft.lbs @ 3300rpm
- Urban 4.9 L/100KM / 57.3 MPG / 47.7 US MPG
- 56 mph/ 90 kph 4 L/100KM / 71.1 MPG / 59.2 US MPG
- 75 mph/ 120 kph 5.1 L/100KM / 55.5 MPG / 46.2 US MPG
Classic Bike Domains make the most unique Biker gifts.
**for domain only sales, if you require hosting we can provide the best quality hosting from only 30 Pounds per year, and will set up a basic wordpress installation for you too.
We will give you any advice you need to help get your site up and running, please just ask!!!